Senior Tools Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity that thrives on your enthusiasm for gaming? Have you always dreamed about joining a world-class gaming studio since you were a kid? Do you have an intense desire to help ship products that customers fall in love with?
Then Turn 10 Studios would love to connect with you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, customer obsessed tools engineer that will help shape the technology that will empower our content authors to build the virtual world that will set the standard for next-generation graphical beauty.
You will have the opportunity to leverage your creativity, customer empathy, interpersonal skills and technical expertise to help define, create and build the workflows that will best harness the artistic capabilities of our content creators. You will be given the freedom and independence to drive large technological initiatives that take advantage of your organizational skills, exceptional ability to collaborate with others, and knack for fostering great relationships with partner teams.
As Turn 10 Studios grows, your work here will help the studio expand into new territory, reaching more customers, and reaching them in ways not yet previously explored. We will highlight your unique strengths, and will provide you with the right opportunities and support to best leverage your areas of passion. We value the perspective and experience you bring, and promote an autonomous workstyle. We are all gamers, and we want to build and deliver the next great AAA gaming experience. Do you?
- You will be responsible for owning and driving large technical initiatives that will impact and shape how our game is constructed and built.
- You will own large sections of our codebase, acting as a gatekeeper for quality and sustainability.
- You will work with technical leaders to ensure the roadmap for our toolset is in alignment with studio priorities.
- Lastly, you will partner with production to provide clarity on deliverables.
- Bachelor of Math/Computer Science
- Professional programming background in C#, SQL and scripting languages
- Rock solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for games and a “customer-obsessed” attitude
- Professional C++ experience.
- At least 2 years of professional software development experience.
- Solid 3D Math skills (linear algebra and trig.).
- Strong grasp of UX design principles.
- Experience with building UI applications (MVVM).
- Experience with complex games systems (animation, graphics, game engine, etc.)
- Experience using 3D editors and applications.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.