Turn 10 Studios has an exciting opportunity to work alongside the team responsible for the top-selling and critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise. As a Lighting Artist, you’ll be responsible for applying a deep understanding of foundational lighting concepts, real-time rendering pipelines and content creation methods to achieve photorealistic lighting results for our cutting-edge games.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lighting Supervisor to help deliver the in-game lighting vision
- Support all fundamental core lighting needs for all teams
- Carry lighting of environment spaces through from pre-production to final polish
- Help to manage and ensure the integrity of lighting on all assets
- Capably troubleshoot and solve lighting production issues
- Strive to maximize art production performance and predictability
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and continually learning new software packages
- A strong portfolio that showcases an understanding of light, color, value, and artful composition
- Experience working on AAA quality real-time lighting assets on current generation hardware.
- Fundamental understanding of the physical principals of light and their interactions with object surfaces and other participating media such as atmospherics.
- Proficiency with a variety of lighting production pipelines, tools, and systems, preferably expertise with 3DS Max, V-Ray, and IES profiles
- Demonstrates strong time management and prioritization skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.