Tech Artist (Star Citizen)
What you will do
- Be part of an entirely new and fast-growing game development team based in Montreal, that will create fully interactive new worlds from scratch for Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded video game that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals. Star Citizen is a unique opportunity to develop a new game development approach based on procedural philosophy. The only limit is your imagination. While collaborating closely with Cloud Imperium Games studio located in the UK, you will be supporting the art team by building procedural generation solutions and pushing the visual quality of a wide variety of complex environments for this intergalactic video game.
You're Savvy in
- Being versatile in multiple subject areas in art development (Modeling, Lighting, VFX, Shaders, etc.)
- Developing powerful procedural generation tools for complex environments and being solution-oriented
- Working in a team, listening and taking other people's ideas into account. Being fluent in English is essential.
- Collaborating in a fast-paced environment and working effectively with teams located across the globe
- Communicating efficiently with both art and development teams
- Showing and sharing a strong passion for gaming and Sci-Fi
You have Accomplished
- Experience working as a Tech Artist on a AAA game
- Ability to develop procedural modelling and generation tools
- Significant experience in developing production pipeline tools
- Mastery of data transfer between generated content and game asset
- Previous experience in creating custom tools for digital content creation tools like Max, Maya, Blender, Houdini, Substance package, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of real-time 3D rendering, shader authoring, material and lighting
- Previous experience in optimizing tools in order to meet requirements and project constraints
You Are Eager to Take On
- Creating procedural generation tools for new planets of the intergalactic game Star Citizen. You will contribute to craft whole new planets and locations from the ground up.
- Acting as a bridge between the art team and developers to ensure the product meets the highest quality standards
- Elaborating pipelines and workflows for the art team as well as helping the team members to improve their efficiency. You're always on the lookout for opportunities for improvement.
- Supporting the team in technical and performance challenges
- Creating benchmarks, producing clear documentation and sharing the best practices in game development
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.