At Tuque Games, a Wizards of the Coast studio, our mission is simple:
Build great games and have fun doing it!
We are passionate game developers working on original high quality AAA games while enjoying a healthy studio culture. Our ambition is guided by strong values such as respect, honesty and humbleness. We truly believe in the power of a diverse team in which each individual has the opportunity to deploy their full potential and contribute to our collective success.
That speaks to you? Join us!
Tuque games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Lead Artist with a strong technical background to join an unannounced project. Candidates should have extensive experience working with Level Artists and Modelers. You will be expected to create benchmark scenes to define the look and feel of the world. This role requires a strong sense of design as well as the ability to execute the highest-quality art.
What You’ll Do
- The role of the Lead Artist is to establish high quality standards for the team and to look to achieve that level by establishing solid processes and mentorship
- You will be guiding your employees on both a creative and technical level
- It will be your responsibility to ensure the style is consistent across all environments of the game and the quality level is achieved
- You will supervise the full production and adoption of processes for the creation of game environments
- You possess a strong understanding of both surfacing and lighting from an artistic and technical point of view.
- Work with engineering to plan and implement our environment art pipeline.
- Assess, critique, and improve the game’s environmental textures, shaders, and lighting.
- Define the best practices for the development of the game assets
- Assist in the development of art bibles, visual direction and technical checklists where outsourcing is required
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years experience developing AAA titles
- 5+ years of experience leading artistic teams on AAA titles
- Creative vision to take an environment to completion from either a detailed or simple concept image.
- Intimate understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and tools.
- Experience working with senior creative leadership to define the look of a game.
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in building environmental scenes and textures.
- Able to contribute to, interpret, and clearly communicate art direction to a team.
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Initiative to push boundaries and an ambition to craft something outstanding
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Tuque Games commits to offer equal working chances to every individual, without regard based on the following: age, sex, sexual orientation, physical disability, race, religion, citizenship, native country or any other possible particularities. We sincerely believe in a respectful and open-minded work environment, in which everyone can fully contribute to
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.