VP of Esports Operations
Swift Media Entertainment is a premier esports and gaming organization with teams all over the world. Swift has three business pillars: TSM, Icon Talent Agency, and the coaching app Blitz.gg.
TSM is a world-recognized leader in esports with multiple top-ranked competitive teams, including the most notable League of Legends team who has won 7 LCS Championships, more than any other organization. Originally founded in 2009 by Andy Dinh and Dan Dinh, we now have 10+ competitive teams in addition to League of Legends, including Fortnite, Valorant, Apex, Rainbow 6 and more. We also have one of the largest networks of streamers on Twitch.tv (Subsid. Amazon) including Myth, ImperialHal, Wardell, Hikaru and Doublelift.
In 2020, TSM opened our first performance center in Playa Vista, CA - a $50 Million state of the art facility focused on cutting edge performance technology that operates as our central hub and headquarters. Most recently, TSM landed the largest partnership deal in esports history with FTX.
All of this contributes to our mission to become the most competitive, popular and successful esports and video game organization in the world. We're seeking skilled, driven, and passionate team members to continue the momentum forward.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the VP of Esports will be responsible for running and ensuring the success of TSM’s esports teams and divisions.
In this role, you will manage the entirety of TSM’s esports operations and the various Directors and General Managers that TSM employs in the various esport titles. In addition, the VP of Esports will need to work cross functionally the Sales/Partnerships, Marketing, People, and Apparel departments to successfully deliver on TSM’s vision and goals.
Successful Candidate Traits
- Driven: You’re self-driven, motivated, flexible and able to adapt to a constantly evolving org and space.
- Strong Communication Skills: Your communication skills are top notch both written and verbally. You are polished, clear and concise and able to respond both externally/internally in a timely manner.
- Team Player: You pride yourself in working well with others across multiple verticals. You are thoughtful, passionate and willing to do what it takes to successfully execute each activation.
- Organized: You are able to manage multiple tasks demanding a high level of organization and timely responses to our client's request.
- Detail Oriented: You excel in paying attention to small details while maintaining deadlines and accuracy.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Lead and drive the strategic development and execution of esports operations across TSM and provide leadership for all of TSM esports
- Work closely with the CEO and upper management to evaluate upcoming game titles and size the investment into new esport titles around the world
- Work closely with the CEO and upper management to implement the organization's strategic vision
- Partner closely with Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, Executives, Merchandising, HR/People, etc. to act as a key point of contact and integration for the all of TSM’s esports operations
- Work closely with talented senior level content and/or influencer teams: Head of Content, etc.
- Act as a leader with the esports group to provide creative solutions across many categories including team performance & development, announcements, PR, launches, digital advertising/social campaigns, planning, etc.
- Budgeting for multiple projects, including monitoring and controlling costs
- Work with HR/People team to standardize and optimize the effectiveness of all internal managers, based on direction from the CEO and TSM's core values
- Minimum 5 years management experience with increasing responsibility especially in esports or sports—has experience and knowledge in areas of an esports or sports organization to team operations, talent, and skills
- Strong mental, people, results, and change agility able to lead and develop high-potential leaders
- Leaders of leaders—you have a growth oriented mentality to help your leaders expand their knowledge and skill sets
- You are a talent development champion who can mentor, lead, inspire, motivate, and care for senior level managers to managers of large teams
- Proven track record of being able to develop the capabilities and leadership skills of senior leaders, directors/general managers, and managers of teams
- Highly organized, capable of working with multiple teams and internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to multitask
- Understanding of the competitive Esports landscape with an ability to navigate an industry that is constantly evolving
- Collaborative team player with solutions-oriented approach
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience with G Suite preferred
- Los Angeles preferred
Swift Media Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law.