Lead Environmental Artist
Tripwire Interactive is looking for an experienced Lead Environment Artist to join our battle tested team, helping to develop visually compelling worlds that our players will love to explore and play within. This person should have a discerning artistic eye, strong leadership qualities, and excellent soft skills that will empower and inspire the team to build believable and engaging environments. You will lead a passionate and experienced team who are looking to grow and push the limits of what is possible in our future titles through visual storytelling and high-quality content. We want someone who is positive and passionate about their craft and looks for new and creative solutions to problems that will arise during the project and who keeps the larger picture in mind.
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the position will be located on site.
- Work closely with Art Director to define the visual quality and theme of the world.
- Manage, train, and guide the team in the creation of the world which fits the artistic vision and, on the timeline, determined for the project.
- Determine what is needed to build the environments and generate tasks for the team members to accomplish this goal.
- Help layout the broad strokes of the world to lay the foundation for the team to build upon.
- Work with the Producers and Art Director on the project timelines for Env Team.
- Collaborate with other department leads and level designers to fulfill the vision of the project.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current artistic workflows and the ability to contribute effectively when needed.
- Understanding of UE4 and ability to effectively utilize it in a production environment.
- Attend and contribute to daily sync up meetings as well as any other kickoff and planning meetings that arise.
- Provide art feedback to outsource partners pertaining to Environment Art.
- Evaluate and provide Quarterly 1 on 1’s for the Environment Team.
- Be receptive to the needs of the team and help them with any issues that may arise.
- Assist in the hiring and training of team members.
- Be able to work autonomously, if needed.
- Be receptive to feedback and implement it.
- Lead Environment Artist with 8+ years experience in the games industry.
- Shipped at least one title as a Lead Environment Artist.
- Excellent Leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant Software Knowledge of the Substance Suite, Photoshop, 3dsMax, Marvelous Designer, and Zbrush.
- Strong UE4 experience.
- Passionate about the Craft.
- Knowledge of current techniques and terminology.
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days
Preference to applicants with:
- Knowledge of Quixel Megascan/Mixer.
- Knowledge of Houdini a Plus.
- Knowledge of UE4 BluePrint a plus.
- Knowledge of a terrain generator (World Machine, Gaea).
- Knowledge of Foliage creation Software (SpeedTree, GrowFX).