(Closed) Engine Programmer - ATG Group
Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join the Tripwire Interactive family! Tripwire Interactive is an independent video game development and publishing company, famous for shooter titles like Red Orchestra the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and now the single player RPG, Maneater. Tripwire has solidified its spot as one of the brightest rising stars in the games industry.
At Tripwire Interactive, we pride ourselves in our ability to move to the beat of our own drum. Our existence as an independent studio and publisher means we are able to develop games on a schedule that reassesses what has become the status quo in the industry as a whole. We’re located in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta; where cost of living is relatively low and opportunities are high. So if you’re looking to work in an environment that changes the game in more ways than one, look no further than Tripwire Interactive.
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the preference for this position will be on site, but careful consideration will be given to well qualified candidates.
- Execute well on the most challenging tasks ranging from advanced system architecture and implementation, memory issues, crash debugging, optimization, and more
- Create and enhance core technologies across multiple platforms to realize the vision for our games
- Analyze and improve performance across all target platforms
- Identify opportunities for additions and modifications to the existing engine
- Maintain existing codebase and support the wider development team in diagnosing and solving problems with efficient, well architected solutions.
- Improve game performance through profiling, optimizing code, and communicating findings and guidance with rest of team
- Work on other tools and technology to enhance game features
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years game industry experience with 1+ shipped titles
- Excellent C++ programming and systems design skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging C++ code.
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Analytical skills geared towards the measurement of system performance, memory use etc, plus the communication skills needed to generate solutions
- Ability to collaborate positively with other departments across the Tripwire team
- Recent console development experience with PS4 and XB1
Preference to applicants with:
- A passion for video games
- Significant Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Experience using graphics APIs such as DirectX or Vulkan
- Console development experience with (PS5, Series X, Switch)
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days