Temporary Associate Level Designer (Detail Focus)
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.
Treyarch’s Associate Level Designers collaborate with the level team to take a game level from level block-out to completion. This specific level design roll will be aesthetic focused. Your keen eye for composition, modular kit pieces and, story telling through asset placement will help raise the bar for our next big release.
What you'll be doing:
- Work with design and art leadership to deliver environments that embody the united vision of the game.
- Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
- Collaborate with the design and art teams
- Playtest and help drive iterative changes while maintaining the aesthetic vision for the level.
- Help call out and resolve performance issues
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of scene composition and ability to set dress an environment
- Translate concept and Art direction into a believable space
- Manage integration of asset requests while maintaining performance targets
- Experience creating modular kits to help reduce scope of environments
- Collaborate with your environment and design team counterparts to reach department goals
- Keep an eye towards the future and help to anticipate project needs and be proactive in offering solutions.
- Ability to use photo reference and extrapolate detail into a space.
- Work to resolve conflicts between art direction and gameplay when they arise.
- Be a team player and look for opportunities to self-motivate and be a positive force for the studio.
- Experience with the Radiant level editor
- Strong portfolio showcasing surface detailing and storytelling through set dressing
- Demonstrated ability to add micro-detail to a scene but balance this with the holistic view for the player experience.
- Shipped game experience
- Proficient in other industry standard 3d packages. (Unreal, Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Treyarch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.