(Closed) Principal Graphics Engineer
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and the studios most recent release, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Dutys Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anythingand hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.treyarch.com, on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Treyarch is looking for a Principal Graphics Engineer to join our Core Engine Team of industry veterans to be a key contributor on our next AAA Title. As a Lead Graphics Engineer, you will set direction for the future development of our game visuals while maintaining the performance that Treyarch games are known for. A successful Lead Graphics Engineer will also be a dedicated team player and be flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project.
- Be part of the Core Engine / Graphics Team leadership working on Treyarchs state-of-the-art game engine and tools
- Analyze Treyarchs graphics & engine tech and design innovative solutions to keep its competitive advantage
- Work with other Graphics and Engine engineers to implement your vision
- Collaborate with other Activision studios and Central Technology group in research and development future breakthroughs in game graphics technology
- Mentor other Core Engine Engineers
- Work with other discipline leads to achieve the games artistic and performance goals
- Present at internal forums at the studio, company wide events and industry conferences to increase the visibility of the development at the Studio
- 10 years or more experience in the video games industry as a Senior Graphics Engineer or above
- Recognized leader in the graphics game development community
- Developed cutting-edge real-time graphics techniques
- Up to date knowledge of the development in the graphics community in games and movies
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with Console and PC graphics APIs and tools
- Fluent in modern C++ and multi-threaded programming
- Strong understanding of low level CPUs/GPUs operations
- Communicate effectively with non-technical team members
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Shipped at least 4 commercial titles a 60Hz FPS is a plus
- Python or other scripting languages
- Solid public speaking skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including
Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, Candy Crush and Bubble Witch. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for Every World - weve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Treyarch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.