We’re looking for a talented and motivated engineer to help bring our games’ online experience to the next level. You will be a part of the Online Engineering team at Treyarch, where you will work closely with other engineers, producers, designers, and with department leadership. You will design and implement client features, multiplayer systems, online and community features and tools. You will work with peers across Activision in domains such as data analytics and backend systems to bring game features to an industry-leading level of polish.
As an Online Engineer you should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
At Treyarch, our games’ post-launch life cycle is richer than ever before with new features and updates being added constantly to support the game’s commerce ecosystem. The Online team – and your role in it - plays a key part in ensuring sustained player engagement and the success of game features at launch and during our highly critical and dynamic post-launch seasons.
We have offices in Los Angeles and Vancouver, and you will be welcome in either of these locales.
- Design, implement, debug, and optimize game features in C/C++ and scripting languages.
- Work with manager and engineering leads to contribute to online architecture and technical designs.
- Optimize and maintain existing code, tools, and data visualizations.
- Identify and implement instrumentation in support of the development and goals of designers and engineers.
- 2+ years of programming experience, with at least 1+ year focused on networking or online systems.
- Shipped at least one game title or experienced with supporting and contributing to a released game title.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ with experience in at least one scripting language (such as Python or Lua).
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures. Knowledge of performance and multithreaded programming.
- Sound understanding of network protocols, client/server, and peer-to-peer architectures.
- The ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
- Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve.
- A passion for the development of video games, understanding the players’ mindset, and distilling information to make games better for players.
- University-level degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Knowledge of SQL, R/Python for data analysis, and experience with data visualization tools and pipelines.
- Strong passion for video games and a sound understanding of game systems as a player.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Cold War, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision.