Associate UI Engineer
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for UI and a critical eye for game design. As an Associate UI Engineer on our Call of Duty UI Engineering team you will be actively coding and engineering UI systems and features for various aspects of the game, where you’ll be working primarily in C/C++ and Lua to implement features in our engine, and will use and improve our proprietary tools.
We have offices in Los Angeles and Vancouver and you will be welcome in either of these locales.
What you will be doing:
- Design, write, debug and refine UI systems and underlying architecture
- Implement new UI features to design department’s specifications
- Work closely with designers, artists and other members of the development team
- Work with Production team on feature estimates and task tracking to ensure project deliverable goals are met
- 1+ years of industry experience in a UI Engineering or similar position
- Thorough understanding of UI/UX flow and function design
- A passion for video games and for developing high quality games and tools
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science
- Proficient in C/C++
- Competent in a scripting language (Python, Perl, Lua, etc.)
- Solid communication skills for communicating engineering ideas and concerns with engineers as well as employees in other departments
- Experience with rendering systems and/or writing shaders
- Proficiency in C++11 and/or C#
- Scripting experience with Lua
- An understanding of profiling and performance tuning of code
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III , Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Cold War , have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty ’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.