Technical Rigger Animator
Technical Rigger Animator - Toys For Bob
For the Technical Animator role, you will be supporting other animators by adjusting rigs and using tools to help animators implement assets into proprietary engines. We are looking for someone that thrives in a challenging environment and has a passion for making AAA games. Any experience in first-person shooter games or knowledge of Call of Duty titles is a big plus. You would be working with a dedicated group of highly talented and passionate individuals that share a love of making video games.
- Cooperating and working closely with the modeling and animation teams by taking feedback on rigs and identifying areas of improvement
- Follow group standards and best practices
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines, including art, design, and audio
- Manage day-to-day development issues, identify problems, and drive creative solutions to fix them
- Work with outsourcing tools to adjust rigging assets
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or one to two years related experience and/or training
- Broad knowledge of game animations that spans across all parts of the development
- Knowledge of Motion Capture Editing and cleanup pipelines
- Computer Programming/Scripting experience (e.g. C#, C++, MEL, Python, Etc.)
- Experience developing rigs for Maya and/or MotionBuilder
- Excellent understanding of skin weight painting and skin deformation
- Ability to take direction well
- You are self-motivated, open to learning and expanding your knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and work discipline
- Experience with facial animation
- Experience animating non-humanoid characters
- Passion for video games
About Toys For Bob
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical, charming AAA games since 1989. We play in a former military hangar that has been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the “Toys to Life” genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to inspire love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment.
If you love games, are great at what you do, and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be a part of the family! Come join an Activision studio that’s part of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For”.
Toys For Bob is wholly owned by Activision.