Senior Sound Designer
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for more than 30 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge.
Best known for inventing the “Toys-to-Life” genre with Skylanders®, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!
Hey potential-future-Toys for Bob Senior Sound Designer! We have a rare open role for a Senior Sound Designer to join our incredible team. You will play an integral role in shaping and executing compelling audio experiences for our games. We are looking for a candidate who possesses strong creative abilities and knows how to navigate the technical aspects of game audio integration. You will be part of a small audio team and will have the opportunity to engage in many areas of game audio.
- Do you like designing awesome sounds for video games that reach millions?
- Do you know your .wem from your .rpp?
- Do you like working with fun people who love what they do, in a company that makes space so that the talented folks of TFB can be self-directed, empowered, and encouraged to bring their creative chops to every part of the game?
- Are you looking for flexible working arrangements?
Here’s the run down. You already know this drill:
- 5 years of experience in game design
- Experience implementing audio with middleware tools like Wwise and game engines like Unreal, or similar
- Experience with versioning software like Perforce
- Experience with major digital audio workstations, with high proficiency of at least one
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical proficiency with scripting languages like Unreal Blueprints
- Strong background in sound design, with an ear for quality and character
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering
- Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations
- Flexible approach to sound design tone and techniques to fit a wide range of projects
If you’re still reading, I’m thinking you might be who we’re looking for.
- Confident with making awesome and bold sounds, and hooking them into game engines
- Comfortable in self-directed role and working autonomously
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about games and game audio
- Experience editing music and voice-over
- FPS/Multi-player experience
- Continuing education and professional development in audio engineering, music, or similar
If so far, this is working for you, get in touch! We want to hear from you! Hit that button and apply now!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.