Concept Artist (and 3D Artist) on Cradle of Chaos
For over a year I’ve been developing Cradle of Chaos: a multiplayer strategy game set in a fantasy environment.
I am now working with a music/SFX professional with 10y+ experience and we are looking for a concept artist to help create a truly unique Fantasy world. Ideally you should also be able to make 3D models based on your concepts but if you know a good 3D modeler and can work with them as a team that would work as well.
The game will be released in the second half of 2022. The idea would be to release in Early Access on Steam by the end of the year: that version would contain a lot of the finalised 2D pictures and 3D character+environment models. The UI and some of the VFX can probably take a little longer.
Perspectives for team members
Freelance paid at market rates. There can be some flexibility on how you contribute to the project, with potential equity on offer in TORIX Games for someone with truly exceptional skills.
Tech stack related to the artistic work
- Unity 2020 with Universal Render Pipeline
- Unity Terrain used with MicroSplat shaders
- Animations are processed with Vertex Animation Textures but we have created a tool to convert standard mecanim animations to Vertex so no change in artist workflow there. We're planning on continuing to use Mixamo mainly for animations
- 1 developer (also CEO)
- 1 sound effects/music composer
- 1 game designer
- 1 advisor on customer acquisition
Remote (I am based in London)