Sr Product Manager, AAA Mobile Games
The purpose of this role is to help create and shape the quantitative and qualitative date to best suit our players and business. Major responsibilities of this role will drive the short and long term strategies for a AAA mobile game and identify, flesh out and maintain product metrics and be able to communicate the business strategy to make our game a world class experience and drive a AAA mobile game.
- Build metics to forecasts, prioritize and predict KPI's and use this information to develop a better player journey
- Create dashboard that visualize the status of KPIs, features goals and overall health of the game
- Work with design to create a game economy that is not only sustainable but can scale over time
- Use SQL and other query languages to extract the data you and the team need to be better informed as to what the player is actually doing
- Collaborate and empower cross functional teams to get their buy-in on how to use metrics to improve the game and the business
- Compile and present user research, market research, and analytic data to build a deep understanding of our games and players and describe where we are and where we want to be
- Reduce project and feature risk using competitive analysis and market research to inform and proactively avoid risks to the game and player experience
- Define the expected impact of items going into the release and report on if the goals were met and what dials can be adjusted based on the incoming metrics. Comfortable communicating ideas, goals, technical reports and adapt this information to both the executive stake holders as well as the game team
- Bachelors degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics, preferred
- Preferably a Degree or MBA is a plus but not required if candidate has 4 years works experience at a game company at the PM or higher level, required
- 4+ years of experience wtih playing a lot of mobile games and uses this knowledge to better the games being worked on
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager in game industry on a game from start thru live operations
- 4+ years of game experience that shows you understand what makes gamers spend on games
- 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining visual and analytical dashboards
- 3+ years of creating strong visual reports and talking to the shape of the data
- 3+ years of experience in a broad range of industry standard testing tools like AB testing and cohort analysis
- 3+ years of proven knowledge of game design and how to measure the success of each release
- 3+ years of building and maintaining game economies
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making
- Exeprience writing SQL queries and distilling complex analysis into action items
- Occasional off site and team building exercises
- Excellent Excel and Keynote / Powerpoint Skills
- Oustanding soft skills and eager to over communicate
- Be a chamption for building, shipping, and live operations of a fun game
- Use game metrics, competitive analysis, and player feedback to formulat own and co-own features that will be compelling to our players and businesses
Travel- Up to 5% occasional travel off site and team building exercises
About Topgolf Media
Based in San Francisco, Topgolf Media creates and distributes advanced media content, enabling the Topgolf community to experience the best times of their lives. The division enhances in-venue golf games as well as creating experiences outside of the venues with apps, websites and virtual experiences. In addition, Topgolf Media cultivates relationships with global partners, sponsors and ambassadors to promote innovation within the Topgolf brand. Our goal is to create compelling experiences to engage Topgolf fans of all walks in new, innovative ways.
WGT Golf is the #1 free golf game with over 450 million virtual rounds played and 5+ million mobile downloads. WGT Golf features 24 famous virtual golf courses including Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach® and St Andrews. WGT Golf runs the annual Virtual U.S. Open in partnership with the USGA, and has partnered with NBC's Golf Channel and David Leadbetter. WGT Golf offers a range of virtual golf equipment from leading manufacturers, including Callaway, Cleveland, Nike, Ping, Srixon and TaylorMade.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Topgolf Media does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Topgolf Media will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Topgolf Media and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Topgolf is a global sports and entertainment community and is committed to equal opportunity and is firmly committed to preventing discrimination and harassment, including sexual misconduct, based on legally protected diversity characteristics (such as race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family status, citizenship, genetic information and veteran status) in its application and hiring processes and in its employment decisions. As an affirmative action employer, Topgolf also takes steps to prevent retaliation and to create a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment for our Guests, Associates, business partners, vendors, and the communities we serve.
Topgolf participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.