Gameplay Engineer, Mobile Games
Topgolf Media is looking for an experienced, hands-on Gameplay Engineer to work on a variety of gameplay systems for a new mobile game title. In close collaboration with designers, artists, and other engineers, you will be integral to the overall feel of the player experience.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and other engineers to develop and refine key systems
- Own a wide variety of gameplay features, such as animation, physics, controls, and cameras
- Be a champion of quality and polish for the overall gameplay experience
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Communicate and iterate on technical designs and decisions with the team
- Fix tricky bugs and solve complex problems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development experience, with at least one shipped product as a gameplay-focused engineer
- Strong software engineering and problem-solving skills
- Passion for gameplay programming, algorithms and mathematics
- Experience working with Unity or similar game engine technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for making high quality software
- Experience working with physics and animation
- Passionate about RPGs and/or sports
About Topgolf Media
Based in San Francisco, Topgolf Media creates and distributes advanced media content, enabling the Topgolf community to experience the best times of their lives. The division enhances in-venue golf games as well as creating experiences outside of the venues with apps, websites and virtual experiences. In addition, Topgolf Media cultivates relationships with global partners, sponsors and ambassadors to promote innovation within the Topgolf brand.
Topgolf Media provides an intimate, fast-paced, collaborative environment that combines its love of sports, entertainment and lifestyle to produce quality content. We have a top-notch team that strives for the best and we are looking for others who prioritize quality and innovation. Our goal is to create compelling experiences to engage Topgolf fans of all walks in new, innovative ways.
WGT Golf: (www.wgt.com and mobile app stores) is the #1 free golf game with over 450 million virtual rounds played and 5+ million mobile downloads. WGT Golf features 24 famous virtual golf courses including Bandon Dunes, Pebble Beach® and St Andrews. WGT Golf runs the annual Virtual U.S. Open in partnership with the USGA, and has partnered with NBC's Golf Channel and David Leadbetter. WGT Golf offers a range of virtual golf equipment from leading manufacturers, including Callaway, Cleveland, Nike, Ping, Srixon and TaylorMade.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Topgolf is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Topgolf Media does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Topgolf Media will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Topgolf Media and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.