Backend Developer - Subscription Service
Would you like to join a fast growing team, at a fast growing company, where you will get the chance to make an impact on millions of users around the world?
As a Backend Developer here at Toca Boca you'll build subscription integrations with Apple / Google / Amazon for our games in our cloud services environment. You'll deploy API:s and services used by literally millions and millions of kids every day. We are currently on a journey of large scale growth.
You'll be part of Toca Boca's Central Tech organization. Central Tech's goal is to enable Toca Boca's game developers to make apps that build, run and deploy efficiently on modern mobile platforms (iOS/Android). Our aim is to provide great tooling and services to support best practices with a minimal amount of effort.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be involved in the full product cycle for the platform and services in the Toca Boca cloud environment, from green field development to maintaining the scalability and performance with millions of users. You'll build, and maintain, IAP and subscription related services.
- You'll work closely with colleagues in other teams, building the tooling and platform they need to be agile in their development. You'll develop the tooling, documentation and platform to enable them to iterate quickly while building their products and services.
- You'll respond to issues and review requests from other teams as well as proactively detect potential future issues and improvements.
- Your daily focus will change along with changes in priorities. Working with multiple teams in parallel is a challenge you'll face working here.
Skills & Requirements
Is this you?
- You're an experienced Developer who has built several NodeJS apps for non-web consumers such as apps, APIs and other services.
- You have a good understanding of databases preferably both relational and nosql databases. The larger volumes the better. You know what it takes to keep up with big user growth in a short period of time and how to optimize your data storage accordingly.
- You have experience designing, providing and/or consuming JSON-based HTTP APIs. You know how to write code in TypeScript and Kotlin, and you have experience using Spring.
This is us!
Toca Boca captures the spirit of play. We create digital toys and everyday products that are filled with fun and silliness that kids from any corner of the world can instantly relate to. Everything is designed from their perspective. We celebrate the diversity and quirkiness of their world and give them the freedom to play in ways that only they can dream up.
Good to know!
This position is full time and based in our Stockholm office. We apply 6 months of probationary employment. As we're an international company, with over 10 nationalities and millions of users all over the world, you have to be fluent in English. Your application should therefore be in English.