Are you a true gaming fanatic and passionate about designing and understanding a new playing field of human-computer interaction? Come join us and develop the gaming experience for gamers worldwide. Tobii is now looking for a UX/UI Designer who will add stellar experiences into apps that make gaming, esports, streaming, and content creation more fun! Awesome, right?!
Tobii’s mission is to make tomorrow’s technology even more adapted to natural human behavior. This is especially true for our gaming division, where head tracking and eye movement are used to advance immersive gameplay and spectator engagement in our hardware and software solutions. Eye tracking and head tracking enable a lot of interactive experiences, ranging from interaction with games and apps to interaction with a device itself.
The role & responsibilities
You will join a team that aims to continuously improve user experience and understanding. Understanding needs and pains is the key to create a memorable user experience to inform, engage and retain customers, primarily gamers.
You will work together with developers, QA, data analysts, PM’s and PO’s in integrating eye and head tracking based experiences that enhance PC games. As our UX/UI Designer, you will play a critical role in defining and designing our gaming products and coordinating the designs with other PC products. In addition, you may be tasked with facilitating research and collecting user feedback to validate product direction.
Your days will be filled with
- Evolve our gaming products to look great, be simple to use, and engage gamers and content creators.
- Manage user tests end-to-end: identify action points based on metrics, develop testing scripts, create assets, moderate, analyze, and deliver results from user research and usability testing.
- Creating hands-on concept work: sketches, wireframes, prototypes to share ideas.
- Translate user insights into product design that engineering and QA teams can leverage.
- Provide detailed specifications, documentation, or graphic assets necessary for developers to build the ideas as a product.
- Identify knowledge gaps about our users and develop research initiatives on defining the product market fit for our Tobii gaming products.
We are looking for someone with
- Depth of knowledge in user/product research, interface, and user experience design as part of an agile product development cycle
- Mid-to-senior level experience; the ability to collaborate across disciplines, and to incorporate business needs into proposed solutions
- Solid UI design skills and familiar with design systems and component libraries.
- Experience with the tools needed in designing and testing ideas, from pen and paper to digital prototype and other UX focused applications.
- We need someone who has a natural gaming mindset and enjoys broadcast and streaming events. Prior experience within the gaming industry and involvement in the game community is a plus.
To be successful in this position as UX/UI Designer at Tobii we believe you are one of those people that genuinely believe collaboration is the key to success. You can explain your decisions and the ’why’ behind what you do and enjoy discussing the problems at hand with your colleagues. Many people can identify a problem - but your strength lies in creating solutions to solve the issue!
Please address potential questions to Caroline Karlsson and submit your portfolio and resume or LinkedIn Profile through our website as soon as possible.
Well then, get your game on and apply! Don’t wait – At Tobii we move fast!