Visual Effects (VFX) Artist
Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a “Cloud Studio" with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Visual Effects (VFX) Artist
- UE4 game development experience with at least one (1) shipped title as a VFX Artist.
- Online portfolio/reel showing examples of real-time VFX in Unreal.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex visual problems and break them down with a critical eye.
- Exceptional technical skills and strong artistic talent for presentation, color, motion, and lighting.
- Dedicated to growing as an artist and creating world-class VFX for real-time applications and games.
- Fulltime, 100% Remote position. We are an Unreal studio.
- Best-in-class benefits & work flexibility.
- Reports to: Lead VFX Artist.
- Interface between internal art leadership and TLM’s external clients. You represent our team!
- Collaborate with the other VFX Artists to explore, develop, optimize, organize, document and maintain VFX libraries and workflows.
- Create optimized stunning VFX for in-game deployment and cinematic cutscenes.
- Collaborate with Character and Environment Artists, Gameplay and Combat Designers, Animators, and Cinematics Directors to create world-class visual effects that enhance and support gameplay and presentation.
- Maintain a high-level of accountability, professionalism and proficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years as a VFX Artist in game development using UE4; with at least 1 shipped UE4 title.
- Demonstrated ability in Blueprint, Cascade, Niagra, and Sequencer.
- Expertise in at least one DCC package: 3DS Max (preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in VFX creation for games.
- Demonstrated expertise optimizing and balancing performance of VFX for PC titles and console ports.
- Solid understanding of the following, with mastery of at least 3:
- Atmospheric and volumetric systems
- Energy and particle systems
- Viscous fluid and crystalline systems
- Celestial bodies and geological systems
- Chemical and biological systems
- Natural and synthetic material systems
- Evidence of organization skills, file structures, naming conventions, and other established protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Portfolio/website demonstrating technical artistic ability that includes Unreal based work.
- Ability to work remotely with teams in different time zones.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- 3-5 years experience in game development.
- Working knowledge of Jira or similar project management tools.
- Experience in alternative software for game development - including procedural workflows - such as Substance, Blender, Maya and Houdini.
- Advanced proficiency: UE4 Blueprints.
- Scripting/coding using Python, C++ and/or C#.
- In-depth understanding of shaders in UE4.