Senior Technical Artist
Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a “Cloud Studio”, with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Senior Technical Artist
- Must have 5+ years of experience in game development, with at least 1 shipped AAA UE4 title for PC and 8th/9th gen console as a Senior Technical Artist.
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates relevant skills and tools developed.
- Be an integral part of the Tech Art team that develops tools which enable our talented content creators to iterate quickly and develop world-class assets.
- Support the Lead Tech Artist(s) to develop robust solutions and workflows for Cross-Play development and publishing.
- Fulltime, 100% Remote position. We are an Unreal studio.
- Best-in-class benefits & work flexibility.
- Reports to: Lead Tech Artist
- Contribute meaningfully to the development, testing, and maintenance of the tools that our talented group of Artists, Animators, and Designers depend on.
- Be accountable for the stability and performance of the tools, plugins, and custom scripts.
- Proactively seek out solutions for the various problems encountered in game development.
- Assist the Lead Tech Artist(s) document all tools and workflows into our Tech Art Repository in Confluence.
- Function as an integral member of a cross-disciplinary group of Artists, Animators, and Designers that innovate and elevate capabilities and capacities of our company.
- Continuously vet and test our internal tools, assets, and systems for appropriateness and robustness.
- Coordinate with our Art Outsource Managers in reviewing and integrating assets created by external vendors and partners.
- Bachelor's Degree, or 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years industry experience, minimum of 1 years experience as a Senior Tech Artist in game development using UE4; with at least 1 shipped AAA UE4 title for PC and 8th/9th gen console as a Senior Technical Artist.
- Excellent communication skills, with a passion for making tools for content creators/designers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, animation, lighting, and rendering principles and fundamentals.
- Expert knowledge of C++, C#, and scripting languages.
- Expertise in at least one DCC package. Maya is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of current best practices in DCC tools development for games.
- Solid understanding of developing tech art tools and workflows.
- Solid understanding of at least 2 of the following, with expertise in at least 1:
- Creature/Character rigging; locomotion systems.
- Vehicle Rigging; vehicle dynamic systems.
- Environmental Destruction; procedural systems.
- Lighting and Shading Models; render systems.
- Experience building shader and material libraries.
- Desire and ability to mentor/train others.
- Strong math skills: 3D math, dot arithmetic, and working knowledge of analytic geometry.
- Working knowledge of OpenSource tools such as Blender.
- Experience developing games on PS5, XBX, and XB1 puts you at the top of the list.