Senior Game Engine/Systems Software Engineer
Are you excited about building, enhancing, and optimizing the systems involved with game engines? Are you passionate about evolving workflows for game development teams? Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a “Cloud Studio”, with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Senior Systems/Engine Software Engineer
- Full time, 100% remote.
- Develop engine systems as well as improve workflows for our development teams on platforms including PC and consoles.
- Be a part of a groundbreaking global game developer and publisher, with a permanently remote team.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stock options available for full-time employees.
- Design, develop, optimize, and debug UE4+ engine systems.
- Deploy, evaluate performance, and test on supported game platforms.
- Work closely with production, engineering, design, and art teams on technical goals, features, and development.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Contribute to design and roadmap of engine technology.
- Collaborate and co-develop with other engineering teams.
- Use company-provided workstation hardware, console dev kits, and video game industry standard software tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce to perform your work.
- Communicate with other developers, company leadership, and external partners, using online tools such as Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet.
- Collaborate in peer education and self study.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize the middleware, code, SDKs, internal libraries, and everything in between.
- Participate with other departments providing development, documentation, influence strategy and overall direction for games technology through your contributions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years developing and optimizing engine systems.
- 1+ shipped AAA console or PC titles with UE4.
- Strong C/C++ skills are a must.
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded engine systems.
- Understanding of computer architecture and memory systems.
- Knowledge and experience with game development systems.
- Conversant in PC and Console game development techniques and best practices.
- Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with common game industry tools & middleware.
- Familiarity with current and next console SDKs, Steam, Epic Game Store.