Senior Concept Designer
Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a “Cloud Studio”, with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Senior Concept Designer
- Must have excellent ideation skills with an impressive imagination capable of visualizing things that don’t exist currently.
- Must possess exceptional talent and skill for visualizing proportion, form, color, surfacing, and lighting.
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates your talent for, and understanding of, visual design processes for game development.
- As a Senior Concept Designer, you will be an integral part of a team of multi-talented concept designers that create conceptual designs for the various entertainment projects and games we develop.
- Fulltime, 100% Remote position. We are an Unreal studio.
- Best-in-class benefits & work flexibility.
- Reports to: Lead Concept Designer
- Create world-class visual solutions while meeting expectations and following proper concept design processes.
- Function as an integral member of talented concept designers that innovate and elevate capabilities and capacities of our company, with expert technique and appropriateness of effort.
- Be inspired and curious. Have excellent presentation skills, both visually and verbally.
- Take direction from your Lead Concept Designer to produce inspirational and aspirational designs, from mood boards to final key art.
- Create storyboards and production drawings to enable the Directors to make timely decisions that are informed and on target.
- Bachelor's Degree in Illustration, Entertainment Design or Industrial Design. Graduates of conceptual design focused institutions will be seriously considered.
- 3+ years experience in creating concept designs, with 2+ years experience as a Senior Concept Designer in a game, film, or other entertainment production studio where excellent conceptual design prowess and process is required.
- Possess a keen eye for proportions and visual design language; mood and style explorations; color and light theory; and composition and presentation.
- You must have exceptional drawing, painting, and visual design skills. Both analog and digital.
- Must be able to ideate/iterate quickly, concisely, with given criterion established by the stakeholders and Directors.
- Expertise in software used in concept development. Photoshop, Painter, and Blender are preferred.
- Expertise and talent for creating world-class visual designs for at least 2 of the following, with mastery of at least 1 (in order of importance):
- Architecture and world development.
- Look and Lighting development.
- Character and creature development.
- Machine and vehicle development.
- Keyframe storyboard and Production drawing.
- Hero assets and Key art rendering.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Desire and ability to inspire/motivate others through design.
- Understanding of 3D tools’ appropriate usage in the concept development process.
- Allergies to kit-bashing and photo-bashing.
- Experience working in teams that developed games for PC and 8th/9th gen consoles.