Rendering Software Engineer
Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross-play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a "Cloud Studio" with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Rendering Software Engineer/Programmer
- Full time, 100% remote (from anywhere in the world)
- Develop rendering code for video games in a software engineering capacity, for various platforms including consoles and PC
- Be a part of a groundbreaking new global game developer and publisher, with a permanently remote team spanning 19 countries and counting (live where you want)
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stock options available for full-time employees
- Write and modify C++ code in Unreal Engine 4 to implement and enhance rendering techniques
- Diagnose and fix rendering bugs, and profile and optimize rendering code as necessary
- Work closely with artists and other engineers to meet visual and technical goals
- Use company-provided workstation hardware, console dev kits, and video game industry standard software tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce to perform your work
- Communicate with other developers, company leadership, and external partners, using online tools such as Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise in current game rendering pipelines and techniques
- 3+ years of experience, and at least one shipped AAA video game title credit as a rendering engineer
- Excellent C/C++ and linear algebra skills
- Experience with PC and console rendering performance optimization tools such as PIX and Razor
- Desire and ability to work remotely from a home office
- Great interpersonal skills
- Unreal 4 rendering/development experience
- Familiarity with common game industry tools & middleware
- Familiarity with current and next generation console SDKs