Lead Concept Designer
Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a “Cloud Studio”, with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Lead Concept Designer
- Must have phenomenal ideation skills with an impressive imagination capable of visualizing things that don’t exist currently.
- Must have an exceptional eye for proportion, form, color, surfacing, and lighting. And the skills to accurately visualize conceptual designs.
- Must have a portfolio that demonstrates your talent for, and understanding of, visual design processes for game development.
- As a Lead Concept Designer, you will inspire the team of multi-talented concept designers to create conceptual designs that inspire other creatives, and to empower Directors to make confident, timely choices before committing resources.
- Fulltime, 100% Remote position. We are an Unreal studio.
- Best-in-class benefits & work flexibility.
- Reports to: Head of Core Visual Design
- Lead our team of exceptional Concept Designers in creating world-class visual solutions while managing expectations, workload, and review cycles for design approvals.
- Create inspirational concept designs that demonstrate technique and appropriateness of effort.
- Be responsible in identifying the individual talents of each team member to foster growth and development.
- Function as an integral member of a cross-disciplinary group of leads that innovate and elevate capabilities and capacities of our company.
- Assist our Art Outsource Managers and Art Directors in reviewing assets created by external vendors and partners for faithful representation and aesthetic authenticity of reference concepts provided..
- Lead and manage with impeccable professionalism and diplomacy. We are all Servant Leaders at TLM.
- Be fully committed to this supporting role. Mentor and train your team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Illustration, Entertainment Design or Industrial Design. Graduates of conceptual design focused institutions will be seriously considered.
- 5+ years experience in creating concept designs, with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Senior Concept Designer, or 1 year experience as a Lead Concept Designer in game studios, film studios, or other entertainment production studios that require excellent conceptual design prowess and process.
- Possess a keen eye for proportions and visual design language; mood and style explorations; color and light theory; and composition and presentation.
- Mastery of drawing, painting, and visual design skills. Both analog and digital.
- Expertise in software used in concept development. Photoshop, Painter, and Blender are preferred.
- Ability to evaluate the latest tools and methods that will enable our concept designers to produce excellent results quickly and reliably, then lead efforts to integrate them into existing workflows.
- Expertise and talent for creating world-class visual designs for at least 3 of the following, with mastery of at least 1 (in order of importance):
- Character and creature development.
- Architecture and world development.
- Machine and vehicle development.
- Keyframe storyboard and Production drawing.
- Look and Lighting development.
- Hero assets and Key art rendering.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Desire and ability to inspire/motivate others through design.
- Understanding of 3D tools’ appropriate usage in the concept development process.
- Allergies to kit-bashing and photo-bashing.
- Experience working in teams that developed games for PC and 8th/9th gen consoles.