Lead Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Are you excited about building, leading, and mentoring an AI team? Do you love working with Unreal Engine and have a passion for AI innovation in games? Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a “Cloud Studio” with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Lead Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer/Programmer
- Must have Unreal game development experience - at least one (1) shipped title
- Must have team leadership experience
- Full time, 100% remote.
- As a Lead AI Engineer for Unreal you will have an opportunity to build, lead, and mentor a team of junior-to-mid level engineers.
- Participate from design through to implementation for AI systems.
- Facilitate communication between clients, internal teams/management, and individual contributors.
- Be a part of a groundbreaking global game developer and publisher, with a permanently remote team.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stock options available for full-time employees.
- Provide management support to direct reports as-needed.
- Write and modify C++ code in Unreal Engine 4 to implement and enhance AI behavior.
- Work closely with designers, animators and other engineers to meet AI and technical goals.
- Brainstorm with designers, animators and developers on AI techniques throughout the process.
- Developing prototypes for testing.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Diagnose and fix AI bugs, and profile and optimize game code as necessary.
- Use company-provided workstation hardware, console dev kits, and video game industry standard software tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce to perform your work.
- Communicate with other developers, company leadership, and external partners, using tools such as Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet.
- Collaborate in peer education and self study.
- Participate with other departments providing development, documentation, influence strategy and overall direction for a remote environment through your contributions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong C/C++ skills are a must.
- Solid foundation on software design and debugging.
- 5+ years of experience developing AI behaviors in UE4.
- 3+ years of industry experience in a leadership role.
- 1+ AAA console or PC titles shipped.
- Unreal 4 development experience.
- Comfortable with a cross platform code base.
- Familiarity with current and next generation console platforms, SDKs, and store fronts such as Steam, Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation.
- Familiarity with common game industry tools & middleware.
- Conversant in PC and Console game development techniques and best practices.
- Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Dedication, teamwork, and professionalism.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Experience with a wide range of UE4 systems.
- Enjoy working with remote partners.
- Understand how valuable communication is.
- Unreal 4.x or 5, Unity development experience (preferably both).