Are you looking to change the gaming industry? We are!
TLM Partners, Inc. is a world-class digital entertainment company led by industry veterans. We are an engineering powerhouse, and our Subject Matter Experts work on some of the most ambitious projects in the industry and work alongside partners as 'off-site' professional services for publishers, indie video game developers, SAAS, Cloud, and Visualization companies. We are setting the bar for best-in-class cross-play gaming experiences on every platform using our custom technologies and tools.
We offer a 100% remote working environment as a "Cloud Studio" with awesome benefits to support a harmonious work life balance from anywhere in the world. Come join our vision to build a world class studio.
Position Summary: Build Engineer
- Work with development teams, production, and studio leadership to develop, maintain and improve a CI/CD system with an integrated automated testing pipeline designed to be reused across multiple projects.
- Participate in the code review process.
- Full time, 100% remote.
- Facilitate communication between clients, internal teams/management, and individual contributors
- Be a part of a groundbreaking global game developer and publisher, with a permanently remote team.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and stock options available for full-time employees.
- Reports to: Engineering Leadership
- Write clear and concise, well-structured code in high-level languages and shell scripting languages.
- Participate in hands-on build engineering work
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve emergent build issues.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for build and deployment processes.
- Support adoption of build tools and technologies.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work to reach goals as part of an Agile team
- Mentor junior to mid-level engineers.
- Communicate with other developers, company leadership, and external partners, using online tools such as Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet.
- Collaborate in peer education and self study.
- Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) build system experience
- In-depth knowledge of how to construct and optimize build pipelines
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- Ability to write clear and concise, well-structured code in high-level languages and shell scripting languages
- Conversant in PC and Console game development techniques and best practices.
- Great with lateral thinking and motivation to work independently and on a team as well as the ability to work directly with teams across multiple territories and time zones.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation from the beginning of a project through completion.
- Dedication, teamwork and professionalism.
- Shipped one or more AAA console or PC titles.
- Experience creating build automation for PC, console and/or mobile platforms
- Build farm infrastructure and/or cloud architecture knowledge
- Up to date knowledge and experience with Incredibuild software
- DevOps knowledge
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of, or experience with game development systems is advantageous.
- Familiarity with current and next console SDKs, Steam, Epic Game Store.
- Familiarity with common game industry tools & middleware.