Senior Back-End Developer
As a Back-end Engineer at Remote Realm you will join a team of experienced developers to support the world-class free-to-play mobile games and work with globally cherished licenses. We are a part of the Tilting Point family; we combine data, technology, talent and groundbreaking marketing to scale games to success.
The ideal candidate will have experience in server frameworks, SQL query optimization, and stellar documentation skills.
Your Future at Tilting Point
- Respond to live operations issues, writing scripts to efficiently solve issues in bulk
- Responsible for spinning up and maintaining working server builds for development team-wide.
- Translation of technical documentation for better self servicing
- Identifying opportunities for tooling for increasing team productivity
- Create and maintain server authoritative game systems
- Identify and fix server performance issues and bottlenecks
Your XP & Skills
- 4+ years in software development or equivalent experience.
- Database/SQL: Capable of creating and designing new tables, optimizing slow queries, and altering existing tables to add or modify features.
- Code: Write clean code that is easily understandable and maintainable, but strike a balance between clean and optimized.
- Server: Experience working with server frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails, to implement features from the client to the server. (edited)
- Debugging: Ability to investigate and debug server issues locally and in AWS
- High level of English
- Bonus: Experience performing DevOps tasks in a Production environment such as making schema updates, creating and maintaining infrastructure, and monitoring costs.
- Flexible Working Hours;
- Private Medical Insurance for you;
- Relocation Support;
- English language lessons.
Interested? We would love to hear from you. Just send us your resume and cover letter below (and tell us about your passion for mobile and/or free-to-play games!)
Direct applicants only - No agencies/headhunters please. This role is not eligible for remote location or work from home at this time.
Tilting Point provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, time off, and compensation.