(Closed) Content Creator, Graphics & Social (Esports)
theScore’s mission is to create highly-engaging digital products and content that empower sports and esports fan’s experience. theScore esports is the industry leading esports news source and content creator, producing and covering the biggest stories from esports across web, our industry leading mobile app, and our prominent social channels.
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Film, edit and compose graphics and video to support theScore esports’ content production.
- Create viral esports content that people enjoy sharing, including video, images, infographics, memes, and animations for our social media platforms.
- Maintaining a social media presence that elevates theScore esports’ brand through Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure the production of high-quality work.
- Pitch and contribute ideas and concepts.
- Keeping up with latest trends in storytelling, video production, social media and esports.
- Assist in any other relevant tasks related to video content.
- Other duties as required.
- Be an esports fan. Have a thirst for everything and anything esports related; from established games like CS:GO, to more nascent scenes like Fortnite and Tekken.
- Experience with Non-Linear Editing Software (After Effects, Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro).
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of design principles: including color, layout, and hierarchy.
- Experience with social media platforms, specifically YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit as well as social media tools such as Tweetdeck.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express yourself.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to write must-click headlines and understand good content that appeals to followers and potential followers.
- Creativity isn’t limited to degrees but an educational background in media, communications or a relevant field is an asset.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and fast-paced environments.
- Able to work productively both individually and with team members.
- Available to work weekends and evenings when required.
- Knowledge of sports is an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Parental leave top up.
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others.
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 20, arcade, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.