The Producer is responsible for providing product leadership, guidance, and support to external product partners for games across mobile, console, and PC gaming platforms.
This person is directly responsible for owning product within TWDC and managing the production process in support of the partners vision, including external partner onboarding and management, collaborating and coordinating ideation, project tracking, managing all internal/external product communication and product deliverables, overseeing milestone reviews, collaboration with other business units, production/content approvals, & management of live service support.
This production work entails providing clearly communicated feedback on game proposals, project schedules, and content roadmaps; coordinating feedback/approvals from internal game designers and art directors, as well as franchise partners for games based on upcoming and existing TWDC franchises
The Producer will primarily lead small to medium scale products and support live service/live operated titles.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting, team player, who can draw upon a background as both a game maker and gamer, able to articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to external partners and internal stakeholders. This person can identify opportunities and challenges in the production process and will help the organization manage a portfolio of games based on TWDC IP.
This role will occasionally require on-site support with external development partners with domestic and international travel.
- Driving assigned titles within TWDC and being the key day to day contact for those projects. Responsible for establishing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with internal and external cross functional groups to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet franchise, financial and schedule goals.
- Analyze and track product development schedules, perform milestone reviews, track all submissions, and submit weekly written progress reports on each assigned title.
- Review and analyze feedback generated by junior production staff and the senior team, including periodic self-review of gameplay builds, on all partner submissions covering all aspects of the product, including art direction, gameplay and franchise feedback and approval. Responsible for obtaining consensus across internal stakeholders.
- Lead presentations and product demos as necessary to peers, management, and other stakeholders.
- The Producer works closely with the senior members of the Production team to collaborate with partners on new interactive product concepts, including concept design and game identity.
- When available, use data and analytics to drive decision making and ensure that decisions are made in a timely fashion.
Brand & Franchise Management
- Provide brand guidance to external partner teams balancing the needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise’s characters and worlds.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver innovative, high quality/brand-enhancing products across art, sound, story and game design.
- 3 – 5 years of experience specifically in product development/production of Console/Mobile/PC games or other entertainment.
- Has shipped mobile, console, and/or PC games with live operations components.
- A practical understanding of all phases of development: concept, pre-production, production and post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners.
- Partners closely with Managing Producer/Sr. Producer in managing relationships with external partners, identifying and solving day to day product issues.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent and difficult decisions that reflects a solid understanding of the business goals and strategies.
- Previous experience interfacing with partners/developers, understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and common challenges in producing high-quality interactive products.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at different stages of development.
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Strong sense of ownership, flexibility, and urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum, Kanban, and other production methodologies.
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint / Keynote.
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile, Console, PC, as well as AR/VR).
- Demonstrate affinity and familiarity with TWDC Franchises
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building productive relationships with external partners, managers and peers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.