Brand Marketing Manager-Lucasfilm Games
The Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for leading brand and product marketing strategy/activity across assigned licensed titles within the Disney Games, LucasFilm, Star Wars and Interactive Experiences global portfolio by partnering with licensees to deliver world-class campaigns.
The Marketing Manager owns a portfolio of products within the Games and Interactive Experiences business and helps each licensee successfully create/execute go-to-market plans that build brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through thoughtful brand storytelling, data-driven insights, and creative innovation – all grounded in a consumer-centric integrated marketing approach.
The Marketing Manager plays an important role within the global Disney Games and Interactive Experiences business with responsibility/oversight for a portfolio of titles and is a strategic/creative marketer with the ability to blend the qualitative and quantitative aspects of marketing to craft a great story.
- Own a portfolio of titles within the global Disney Games and Interactive Experiences and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these titles in partnership with licensees
- Act as the day-to-day lead with licensees in reviewing marketing materials, providing insightful guidance/feedback, and managing/approving go-to-market plans, creative assets, and marketing activations
- Be a strong brand steward for Disney, Lucasfilm and Star Wars brands, especially in providing insights/support to licensees and managing executions to ensure flawless marketing and creative implementations
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative insights with licensees to identify market opportunities that inform and help shape player personas/target audiences, positioning, go-to-market plans, creative development, and campaign activations
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, competitive market, business opportunities, etc.
- Analyze performance of marketing campaigns with licensees regularly to identify areas of optimization and make actionable recommendations
- Implement industry best practices with licensees and strive to uphold benchmarks across all marketing campaigns
- Deliver on innovative and performance driven Disney Marketing campaigns that extend reach, increase awareness, and result in meaningful brand deposits
- Cultivate strong relationships with licensees to facilitate communication
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional teams (Production, PR, Franchise, Legal and more) to leverage their expertise throughout all stages of product development.
- Serve as the internal brand champion for licensees to help garner support for plans across TWDC
- Collaborate with regional teams to implement global strategy via meaningful local campaigns
- Present marketing updates to Executives and broader Games and Franchise Teams
- Create marketing pitch decks, presentation materials, internal plans, and post-mortems
- 3-5+ years of experience in Marketing, combined with 2+ years of working in Online/Media Entertainment (preferably within the gaming industry)
- Goal-oriented strategic/creative thinker with a proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated success in brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and social/community marketing strategies/campaigns
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to translate qualitative/quantitative data into actionable insights that tell a story
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence and “sell” strategies to a wide audience set
- Resourceful problem-solver with a can-do attitude; works well under pressure
- Highly organized, detail-oriented project manager; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Keynote/PowerPoint; the ability to creatively tell a story in a compelling way
- Working knowledge of 3rd party tools used to source app market data and competitive insights
- Passion for the entertainment industry with a focus on interactive and gaming strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience