Software Development Engineer in Test
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) ensures that only the highest quality products are provided to internal and external customers. This role will be responsible for test automation and tool development as well as manual testing to validate Pokémon digital products and internal services are of the highest quality. The SDET will partner with the development, DevOps and product teams to define, measure and advocate for quality at each step of the software development lifecycle.
What You Will Do
- Partner with all levels of the technical organization to build and enhance a framework focused on automation.
- Develop customer centric automation test processes for all existing and new product development
- Collaborate and build tools for internal use to ensure quality at scale.
- Create test strategies for a wide range of technically challenging products.
- Develop and contribute to changes in our software test methodology.
- Document, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs through reviews with development team.
- Execute and report automated and manual test cases during all phases of the development life cycle.
What You Will Bring
- 3+ years of software testing experience.
- Experience operating within an Agile development environment.
- Experience with continuous testing practices.
- Experience with test frameworks (Selenium, nUnit, xUnit, and pytest).
- Knowledge of REST protocol and web sockets.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services highly recommended.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or equivalent working experience.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with an ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practices.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends and concepts.
- Professional Know-How: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up-to-date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization. You build trust and collaborate with partners at all levels.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.