Principal Program Manager (Network Operations - Automated Retail)
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Get to know the role
Job Title: Principal Program Manager (Network Operations – Automated Retail)
Job Summary: This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, analytical, and innovative technical operations Program Manager with a desire to build a program in an emerging vertical. This position will be defining processes, collaborating with both internal and vendor teams and driving positive changes to scale the team and business. This position will be a pivotal role to ensuring the team is successful in scaling our operational objectives.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Build strong relationships, communicate with diverse stakeholders and use technical knowledge to facilitate solutions to complex business problems.
- Responsible for the oversight and reporting of managed services and work streams within the program to ensure they are serviced within the defined scope, quality, and time.
- Design and maintain technical, program and project documentation.
- Create metrics and reports to measure the effectiveness of programs and processes.
- Manage the maturation of ticketing software and support documentation repository
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure network is being serviced appropriately (reduction of downtime minutes and multiple visits) to ensure kiosk is available to customers
- Oversee the implementation and operational deployment of key processes (including software) covering deployment/change/incident/problem/release management
- Deliver regular reports on the results of these processes along with recommendations for improvements
- Author and deliver documentation for the purpose of training team on all processes
- Balance requirements, resources, dependencies, dates and more across multiple internal and external teams
- Document the intake of issues and feature requests to be implemented in future software releases and hardware changes
- Track usage and perform forecasting for ordering of spare parts with parts suppliers
What you’ll bring
- 12+ years’ experience in project, program, or IT management roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering, Technology, Business, or other related field
- Experience working closely with business stakeholders and third-party vendors to translate business need and long-term vision into functional requirements and implement for solutions and services.
- Proven ability to rapidly understand, use, create, and drive improvements to new processes/systems
- Proven experience in critical thinking, analytical capabilities, and ability to drive resolution in ambiguous situations
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office, Zendesk, and Tableau or other BI platforms
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.