Organized Play Associate Player Coordinator
Job Summary: The Player Coordinator supports Pokémon Organized Play and Esports programs across several product categories. This position ensures the successful administration of over $4 million in annual prizes and travel awards, along with associated player communication, paperwork and customer support to ensure successful delivery of these and other rewards. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Global Premier Events and Esports, this role will coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders in accounting, legal, technology, customer service, marketing, and others to support program initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Manage player travel awards for International and World Championships
- Manage prizing and reward projects for global Premier Events including online tournaments, Regional Championships, International Championships, and World Championships
- Oversee administration of player paperwork like release forms and provide prompt feedback to cross-functional teams
- Administer player surveys following key program initiatives and report on results
- Create player handbooks, FAQs, and other supporting materials ensuring critical information is available to players in a timely fashion
- Contact players as needed to support key initiatives
- Track player information for Premier Events including travel itineraries, hotel information, tournament performance, prize winners, and other information
- Be onsite to provide information to players at major international events
- Manage small-to-medium projects related to premier events and esports as assigned
- Be a professional representation of the team and contribute to a positive work environment
- Regularly communicate all pertinent information to stakeholders and cross functional teams
What You Will Bring
- At least 2 years of experience in current Organized Play programs/esports offered in the marketplace (Trading Card Game/Video Games) required
- Existing knowledge of the Pokémon brand and Play! programs
- Experience scheduling tasks and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team
- Demonstrable organizational skills, a proactive mindset, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to juggle several projects while also responding promptly to external queries
- Advanced knowledge of MS office suite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership. You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for continuous improvement and quality assurance with all deliverables.
- Professional Know-how: You understand procedural and technical aspects of your role, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert for other teams. You demonstrate resourcefulness in acquiring additional professional expertise and keep up to date on resources available to enhance skills and meet the needs of all customers.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. This position will require occasional domestic and international travel (15%), and an ability to work weekends and evenings as needed to support long live show days.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.