Localisation Editor - French (12-Month Fixed Term Contract)
The Localisation Editor is a member of the editing team and works closely with the other localisation editors, translators and project coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, and related materials (video game strategy guide, video game web site, etc.) in the Localisation Editor’s given language. This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances of said language. These languages include: French, Italian, German, and Spanish (as applicable to Spain).
- Editing of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, packaging, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise.
- Overseeing the QA process for all computer games and implement changes as needed by gaining a thorough knowledge of any computer game being localised in house.
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
Reviewing, revising, and proofing all video game related contents.
- Lead and support projects as required
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages
- Support translators and coordinators as required
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
Knowledge & Skills & Experience
- Preferably two years' experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time
- Must be a team worker
- Native level language skill of their localisation language and fluent English language skill is required
- Knowledge of local culture for language of expertise is required
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with unpredictable schedules and tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent years of work experience.
- Operate at a level to do what it takes to get the job done.
- All selected applicants will need to take a 3 to 4-hour aptitude test to measure their skills as part of the interview process.