Summary of Role
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating visual images and designs used in print or online media. The Designer displays a mix of creative skills and an understanding of brand promotion concepts and corporate identity. This role requires imaginative flair, understanding of current trends in visual arts, working knowledge of latest Adobe design applications, and a grasp of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact design execution.
Strong portfolio required with application for consideration.
What You Will Do
- Interpret internal stakeholders’ needs into visual designs.
- Develop design briefs by gathering information to clarify design decisions.
- Produce digital designs for products that are on-brand, accurate, and of high quality.
- Work on and manage multiple design projects or concepts simultaneously.
- Think creatively to conceptualize and develop innovative design options while producing accurate and high quality work.
- Stay up-to-date with ongoing developments in design applications and new print/media trends and techniques in an effort to bring consistent innovation to designs and the Pokémon brand as whole.
What You Will Bring
- At least 2-5 years of experience with design utilizing computer software
- Expert proficiency with the latest versions of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop on Mac OS
- Comfort with light dieline modification/creation for concepting is a plus
- Experience with packaging design is a plus
- Knowledge of print technology and pre-press processes is a plus
- Experience with localization is a plus
- Ability to navigate the following applications or platforms is a plus: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Esko Webcenter, or Esko Studio
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication and can navigate complex project-related interactions comfortably.
- Attention to detail: You know what makes a quality design, and how to spot what doesn’t – including recognizing what changes need to be made in order to take designs to the next level.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to everything you work on.
- Accuracy/Quality: You hold yourself and your work to the highest standards of quality and precision.
- Teamwork: You’re comfortable working with others in a team, from start to finish on a project.
- Creativity: You create some of your best work with little direction and a lot of freedom. You are comfortable exploring new design techniques and coming up with different ways to apply them to a broad range of designs.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.