Front End Developer
The Pokémon International Company is embarking on an innovation journey and radically transforming its digital commerce capabilities to meet accelerating international demand for original and collectable Pokémon products. A world-renowned brand with a startup culture, committed at the highest executive levels to leveraging the most modern technologies to achieve a bold new vision for our company and our fans.
We are looking for a Front End Developer, to support the eCommerce team with its mission to expand its platforms offering products to a growing international customer base. The Front End developer, is responsible for contributing to all stages of the software lifecycle, design, development, testing and internal support for best-in-class Pokemon Center web applications. This position will work closely with other developers/contractors, project managers to develop solutions which enhance customers’ shopping experience.
- Use technical knowledge to design and build complex web applications to meet requirements/specifications
- Focus on building best-in-class web front-end components on a wide variety of third-party applications and systems
- Collaborate with design and product management to optimize customer UX
- Combine interface design concepts with digital design and establish milestones
- Ensure all aspects of the User Interface conforms to the style guidelines for brand
- Work with other front end developers/Contractors to build reusable web components
- Regular communication and collaboration with designers and other developers to ensure consistency across platform.
- Collaborate with back-end web developers and programmers to improve usability
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Analyze data to understand issues and take corrective actions when needed, knowing when and how to escalate.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while maintaining a focus on global strategic initiatives for product development to ensure alignment with European expansion
Knowledge, Skills & Expertise:
- Impeccable technical background, with understanding of software development and eCommerce web technologies.
- 5+ years of web development experience with React, Redux and NextJs.
- Degree in Computing Science preferred
- Experience with Nodejs strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing single page application.
- Experience with AWS serverless, API Gateway and CloudFormation.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, REST APIs, and Micro Services development.
- Experience operationalizing web applications for performance, scalability, and active discoverability of errors and degradation.
- Experience with New Relic, Sumo Logic, Datadog or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding or experience of Test-Driven Development is preferred.
- Experience using version control (i.e., GIT) strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed team and individually.
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO and Web Analytics principles as they apply to front end development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to gain consensus among Stakeholders.
- Action and result oriented with solid organizational skills, attention to detail, drive and resilience.
- TPCi is a standard office work environment. Height adjustable workstations, adjustable chairs and monitor stands are provided for all employees.
- Ability to work flexible and on-call hours as required for key initiatives.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
What to Expect:
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates will either need the right to work in the UK or dependent on the job role the company may be able to arrange a VISA.