Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Get to know the role
Job Title: Community Associate
Job Summary: This role will serve as an ambassador to our community, working closely with game studios and property stakeholders, and using various tools to create communication and feedback pathways both to and from our players and fans.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Manage and grow Pokémon’s official forum presence, including the creation and implementation of engagement opportunities and the daily interaction and guidance for forum moderation teams
- Create and execute on a social media marketing and live operations editorial calendar, seeking approval where appropriate and determining opportunities for engagement and delight within our audience
- Track, gauge and report on fan sentiment and reaction within owned and organic communities, anticipating trending concerns and communicating effective feedback to the development teams
- Be the product expert, working in close collaboration with development teams to understand mechanics, features and live operations calendar
- Maintain an analytics-driven mindset, with the goal of adjusting and pivoting content strategies to best suit the target audiences
- Collaborate with both Public Relations and Customer Service teams on tracking player issues to determine scale and escalation priority
- Know and understand the lifecycle of a product and maintaining the appropriate tone and content for that stage of the product
- Assist in the creation of what a healthy community landscape looks like for the business
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.) and how they can be leveraged to achieve business goals
- Understand the “always on” nature of social media and community management with a willingness to work off-hours as needed to ensure best practice, channel security, brand safety and timeliness of messaging
- Proven expertise in developing compelling social media campaigns and effective content strategies to drive community enthusiasm and engagement
- Experience creating, implementing, measuring and reporting on campaign and content performance
- Expert on how to strategically recommend the best mix of marketing channels for a campaign to efficiently target high value demographics
- Understanding of livestreaming best practices, including live moderation and recognition of trending topics and content
- Avid Pokémon player and fan, with knowledgeable and deep expertise in the franchise is a huge plus
- Knowledge of and experience with TCGs and TCG communities is a plus
- Experience working within strict brand and/or legal guidelines is a plus
- Experience working within a highly-regulated industry is a plus
- Experience in planning and executing on a product launch is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related field preferred
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.