Rainbow Six Siege Product Manager
The NUEL is the UK’s largest university esports community and organiser, with over 15,000 students from 110 universities taking part in tournaments and social gaming events throughout the year.
Our product team is responsible for the development and delivery of activities ranging from national competitions to social events and skills development opportunities. The team also works closely with the student gaming community - such as gaming societies - to help students level up their own events.
We are seeking a part time Product Manager for our upcoming Rainbow Six Siege products. This role will lead the NUEL’s future Rainbow Six Siege products and will have input in the direction of both the tournament and content created around the game. This role reports to the Director of League Operations.
Our ideal candidate would be passionate about creating great experiences for the university Rainbow Six Siege community. To do this we believe you’ll need to have a good understanding of different tournament structures and how to deliver them. You’ll need excellent managerial skills to guide your admins and broadcast crew to deliver on your creative vision.
- Help design the tournaments alongside the League Operations Director.
- Work with the Creative Director, casters, observers and stream producers to deliver a high-quality broadcast.
- Build and manage a strong group of admins to help deliver the tournament.
- Run the NUEL’s Rainbow Six Siege tournaments on game nights and remain impartial when making tough decisions.
- Be the point of contact for students playing in the tournament.
- Establish a relationship with the community to learn how we can improve.
- Propose and execute on content ideas alongside the creative team.
- Contribute Rainbow Six Siege content to the NUEL’s social media channels.
- Experience either playing in or running tournaments.
- Strong knowledge of Rainbow Six Siege.
- Fundamental maths and spreadsheet skills.
- Communication skills.
- People management skills.
- Knowledge of the UK university scene.
We will look at your studies, experience and your relationship with Rainbow Six Siege. If you care about building a community and creating a fun experience for players, this could be the role for you!
The job will consist of roughly 10 hours of work a week during the academic year, this will be split into 2 seasons Winter (8 weeks) and Spring (9 weeks). There may be opportunities for more work between seasons and the summer season.
Staff benefits include get-togethers at Christmas and in the Summer (COVID permitting!) and yearly rewards.
The NUEL is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in esports, through our recruitment processes and training. The team works remotely and working patterns are flexible. Reasonable adjustments can be made for candidates with disabilities. Senior staff members will be trained in mental health first aid.
Please email us with a breakdown of relevant experience and a short paragraph on why you think you’d be good for the role. Applications will close 20th September 2020.