The NUEL is the UK’s largest university esports community and organiser, with over 15,000 students from 110 universities taking part in tournaments and social gaming events throughout the year.
Our marketing team is responsible for the promotion and marketing of all of our activities, ranging from national competitions to social events and skills development opportunities. The team also manages broadcasts on Twitch to promote up-and-coming talent and players.
The Broadcast Team is seeking student observers for Valorant, CS:GO, Rainbow Six Siege, and Overwatch for the upcoming academic year!
Our tournaments run from mid October-December, then February-April. Whilst professional experience is not necessary, having buckets of enthusiasm is.
You will work with the Marketing and Product teams and report to the Creative Director (Sunkern) plus the relevant product manager. Our main method of communication is Discord and you will be expected to stay in regular contact. This an entry/junior-level, contractor position. All of our broadcasts are done remotely. You will be compensated a set amount per broadcast. All observers (with the exception of CS:GO) are required to stream their feed to a media server (SRT).
Our ideal candidate would be passionate about creating a high quality viewing experience for our community and have a deep understanding of the spectator mode in their chosen game. You’ll need to be a great team player and an excellent communicator to work alongside casters, the producer, the product manager and admins.
- Follow action as the main observer
- Stream your clean feed to our SRT relay (does not apply for CS:GO)
- Attend soundcheck 45 minutes before you go live
- Test the quality and stability of your feed, check that the casters and producer are receiving it correctly
- Work with product manager and admins to get into lobby with teams
- Keep the game and broadcast in sync by communicating with players and crew
- Experience observing (at any level)
- In-depth knowledge of spectator mode in chosen game
- Technical/computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Work well in a team
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Able to stream at 1080p60, 6000kbps to an SRT relay (does not apply for CS:GO)
Our priority is to provide opportunities for up-and-coming UK talent, especially students. So even if you feel under-qualified, please apply anyway!
The NUEL is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in esports, through our recruitment processes and training. The team works remotely and working patterns are flexible. Reasonable adjustments can be made for candidates with disabilities. Senior staff members will be trained in mental health first aid.
To apply, please complete the application form below with a short VOD or highlight reel of a broadcast you casted and a list of your equipment. Please submit a separate application for each game you wish to work on. If you have questions, ask them in the Broadcast Discord: https://discord.gg/m2m2ay6.
Applications will close October 11, 2020.