(Closed) Collectible Card Game Product Manager
We are seeking a part time Product Manager for our upcoming collectible card game (CCG) tournament. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about CCGs, knowledgeable about tournament design, and has a passion for university esports. This role will lead the NUEL’s new CCG tournament and will have a big creative input in both the tournament and content created around the game.
Our ideal candidate would be passionate about creating great experiences for this CCG’s community and have extensive knowledge of their choice of game. To do this we believe you’ll need to have a good understanding of different tournament designs and how to deliver them. You’ll need excellent managerial skills to help your admins and broadcast crew deliver on your creative vision.
- Help design the tournament alongside the League Operations Director.
- Work with the Creative Director, casters and stream producers to deliver a high-quality broadcast.
- Build and manage a strong group of admins to help deliver the tournament.
- Run the NUEL’s new CCG tournament on game nights.
- Be the point of contact for students playing in the tournament.
- Establish a relationship with the community to learn how we can improve.
- Propose and execute on content ideas alongside the creative team.
- Contribute to the NUEL’s social media pages with content around the new CCG tournament.
- Report to the Director of League Operations and the Creative Director.
- Experience either playing in or running tournaments.
- In-depth knowledge of collectible card games.
- Solid fundamental mathematics skills.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Knowledge of the UK university scene.
- Ability to make impartial decisions.
Nice to Have
- Previous leadership experience.
- Previous tournament admin or product management experience.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Experience in a university society or student esports scene.
- Previous content creation experience.
Please email the address linked to the Apply button with a CV and a short paragraph on why you think you’d be good for the role. Applications will close Sept 15th.