Think you look good in lime green? Now you've got the chance to prove it.
The Loadout is looking for a UK-based staff writer to help us find and cover the biggest stories in the competitive gaming and console world. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves both esports and gaming and who knows how to find a good story. Full details below, but if you're interested, send a CV, a covering letter, and a short 400-500 news sample via the link below.
STAFF WRITER – THE LOADOUT
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Application deadline: Sunday, June 20, 2021
- Content creation: writing news, guides, features, and reviews
- Editorial planning, including sourcing original content
- Sub-editing the work of others, if required
- Liaising with developers, publishers, and PRs
- Conducting interviews and attending press conferences
- Learning and working within in-house guidelines regarding style, tone, and SEO
- Staying on top of SEO best practices and internal process changes
- Other as requested by the editor or group editor
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ability to write brilliantly and quickly
- A keen interest in esports, competitive gaming, streaming, and console gaming
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: Google Docs, Sheets, task management, etc.
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK by the start of employment
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A passion for games like Dota 2, League of Legends, CS:GO, and Apex Legends
- Previous work on major gaming websites, particularly those that cover esports
This role is full-time and comes with a whole host of perks, including 28 days holiday, a profit share scheme, and more. While we do have an office in Bath, remote work from anywhere in the UK is available.