The Initiative is an early stage first-party game development studio located in Santa Monica and part of Microsoft’s XBOX Game Studios. Our studio is about craft, creating story, innovating, and looking ahead to the next big thing.
At the Initiative, we are looking for collaborative problem-solvers who want to dive into something new and create groundbreaking experiences for our players. Join us for this once in a career opportunity to help build the studio, define culture, and create an environment to attract world-class talent.
The Initiative has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Producer with a passion for games to join our production team. Qualified applicants need to be highly organized with strong communication skills and experience to successfully support development teams. We're looking for a passionate, versatile, and driven Producer, who enjoys collaborating with others to create game experiences. As an experienced Producer, you will work directly with internal and external teams, plus other key stakeholders across disciplines, to deliver the following:
- Create and maintain production schedules; leverage tools and production methodology to ensure deliverables are highest quality, on time, and on budget.
- Partner with project stakeholders to support teams through the all stages of game development.
- Builds trust and maintains strong creative relationships across the team.
- Drive team awareness of deliverables through all phases of development and report status.
- Facilitate collaborative and effective communication across the team.
- Identify risks and drive the team towards successful resolutions.
- Led team meetings and run daily stand-ups to support efficiency.
- Track team velocity and provide visibility of development status to team.
- Demonstrates resilience, and maintains a constructive attitude in times of change.
- 4+ years of experience in production role in game development.
- Extensive, demonstrated experience running teams using both Microsoft Office Suite as well as project management software such as Jira and Shotgun.
- Experience creating processes and driving results with internal and external teams.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills.
- Diverse knowledge in all aspects of production methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaboratively solve problems, consolidate and integrate a wide range of inputs to achieve production goals.
- Skilled across all phases of game development proven ability to work across multiple disciplines and teams to achieve great results.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills; providing clear and concise feedback to partners and internal team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.