Social Media Coordinator
The Gaming Stadium is an esports events organization located in Vancouver, BC. We aim to provide opportunities for those with a passion for esports and who want to make it a career.
As our Social Coordinator you are:
- A player: You know how valuable player experience is because you have been a player. You are closely attuned to the needs before the community is to help improve the experience at The Gaming Stadium.
- A competitor: You have played games both casually and competitively alongside the local community.
- A leader: You assist the event team with getting our events out on social networks.
- A general: You possess an understanding of different social media platforms and channels that are frequently used. You can identify what the local community wants and needs. You are able to both plan and deliver short term success and long term vision.
- Insightful: You are aware of the latest in technology, trends, and social best practices affecting your discipline. You’re constantly sharpening your skillset and honing your craft.
- Personable: You are a social butterfly. You have an outgoing and positive nature allowing you to establish genuine relationships with players and teams in the local scene.
- A communicator: You authentically relate to communities & staff. You understand how communities must be heard. You are able to listen and represent the community to The Gaming Stadium.
- Develop and maintain authentic relationships with players in the local community through communications on various social media platforms.
- Collaborate and execute a social media strategy with special consideration to social media platforms, channels, influencers, and local partners to develop the community that our players want and deserve.
- Develop and implement our company voice across all relevant social media platforms.
- Clearly define social media KPIs.
- Generate and oversee social media content with the aim of engaging our community and driving them to attend events or interact with TGS.
- Continued growth in social media best practices and technology.
- Work alongside our event and production teams with a unified message to our audience regarding upcoming announcements and events.
- Work with our events team to create in-the-moment content and have it posted on our channels.
- Video editing (Premiere Pro experience is an asset).
- Adobe Suite (You will have access to Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc).
- Knowledgeable with Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Facebook, Mailchimp.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to create a social media strategy & plan.
- Previous experience in a similar role an asset.
- Familiar with Zoho Social.
Applying for this position
Submit your CV, portfolio, & resume using the form below.
- Please include in the body of your cover letter your favorite esports game.
- In your cover letter please introduce yourself, and include your social handles.