UI Software Engineer - Gears of War
The Coalition is a Microsoft 1st party development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from our industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight our fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
The Coalition is searching for a UI Software Engineer to help bring our next AAA, next-generation user experiences to life!
We work primarily in C++, using a highly modified version of Unreal Engine 4. Our UI content is authored using Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG), a state-of-the-art UI Framework, giving us the power to make our UI a best-in-class showpiece for XBOX and Windows games. Your job will be to architect and build the systems which allow our team of artists and designers to shine, with a focus on performance and iteration speed.
The UI team at The Coalition is uniquely poised to have a huge impact on our projects. We are often the driving force behind large features, both in the frontend and in gameplay. We are a diverse set of developers with backgrounds in web, VR, mobile, and a wide range of game development brought together by a shared passion for delivering unparalleled user experiences!
- Experience with C++ is required.
- Experience with multi-threaded architectures preferred.
- Experience shipping professional game projects is preferred.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of solid software engineering practices.
- degree or equivalent experience/education.
- Self-starter who works well with a cross-disciplinary team.
- Approaches solutions with end user in mind.
- Creative problem solver.
- Enjoys collaboration and sharing technical designs in a group setting.
- Able to work in a large and established code base.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away