Social Media Manager - Gears of War
The Coalition is seeking a Social Media Manager with a passion for gaming to be an outstanding representative of Gears of War with our fans. You will work with the Communications Team to execute on social media campaigns and engage directly with the community.
In this role, your primary responsibility is to strategize, write and create content for all Gears-owned social channels. You are a digital native that intuitively understands the language and behavior of the connected gamer. You will need to be self-motivated, organized and able to adapt quickly to the ever-changing requirements of a live service title.
- Be a public-facing voice of the community, maintaining a consistent two-way dialogue between the players and the studio.
- Execute social media strategies that ladder up to overall brand strategy.
- Create, schedule and monitor social media posts.
- Conduct active social listening to identify and leverage social media trends as well as curate community-created content to highlight on all owned social media channels.
- Identify and engage with influencers to help elevate our brand and amplify points of view.
- Work across game development, community, esports, content, and marketing teams to manage key social media priorities.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Support the creation of regular community reports on channel and content performance.
- Execute established social media strategies, and participate in ongoing strategic development.
- Follow a KPI driven approach to track, measure and analyze the performance of all social channels.
- 1-3 years managing social media channels and content for a major gaming (mobile or console), entertainment, or consumer brand.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a must (Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with paid media strategy implementation a plus.
- Familiarity with livestreaming platforms (Mixer, Twitch, Facebook, Youtube) a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.