Senior Rendering Software Engineer - Gears of War
As a Senior Rendering Engineer at The Coalition, you will be a highly valued member of a world class rendering team. You should have a passion for developing core rendering features, workflows, and bleeding-edge rendering techniques to deliver AAA gaming visuals that push the limits of modern PC and Console platforms. You should have deep knowledge of rendering architecture, content pipelines, runtime optimization and advanced rendering. You enjoy collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members. You will be hands on and demonstrate advanced programming and debugging skills.
- Responsible for developing and optimizing industry leading high performance real time graphics features and effects required for the game.
- Work closely with the rest of the Rendering team, Technical Art and Content team.
- Continuously seek to optimize the Rendering Engine and workflows, for efficiency and usability.
- Take on and drive major new features and upgrades from start to completion.
- Collaborate with the Content team on the design of new features; ensure decisions are well understood and agreed upon.
- Leverage existing technology and external partners whenever possible and foster excellent relationships with other studios and technology groups.
- Be forward looking and have the drive and initiative to always aim high and deliver.
- Must have 7-8+ years of experience in video games.
- Must have 2-3+ years as a Senior Rendering/Graphics Engineer.
- Computer science or similar degree, or comparable experience.
- Experience working on graphics and rendering systems for at least two existing console titles (Xbox One, PS4, PC).
- Knowledge of the graphics pipeline, GPU architecture, advanced lighting and rendering techniques.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
- Should thrive in an agile high efficiency environment.
- Should be a team player and an excellent communicator.
- Experience with Unreal engine is desirable.
- Passion for creating an amazing AAA game experience and visuals.
About The Coalition
The Coalition is a proven team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.