Senior Gameplay Technical Designer - Gears of War
The Coalition is a team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
The Coalition is seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Gameplay Technical Designer to help create AAA game experiences. You have experience owning large scale technical features and guiding them from initial concept through to polish and completion. You will drive implementation of your design through collaboration across disciplines.
We are looking for a candidate who is creative, self-motivated and able to adapt to various modes of design work from high-level concepts to low-level tuning and balancing.
- Work closely with Lead Designers and Engineers on game design initiatives and features.
- Take ownership of high-quality gameplay components and tools from concept through to delivery.
- Implementation of detailed designs in engine.
- Create and maintain high quality design and workflow documentation.
- Define and prioritize gameplay tool requirements to deliver features.
- Ability to understand current technical capabilities and work within or around them.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to realize and iterate on designs.
- Work closely with production to assist and provide feedback on high level plans and schedules.
- Support your teammates and share knowledge through training, code-reviews, debugging and writing technical design documentation.
- Inspire those around you to strive for the most engaging and exciting player experiences.
- 5+ years of experience working as a technically-oriented game designer.
- Strong technical game design foundation.
- Expertise in modern engine scripting or other programming languages.
- Proven experience owning technical game features.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient at debugging.
- Creative and analytical with a keen eye for detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away