Senior Gameplay Animation Engineer - Gears of War - The Coalition
We have a great opportunity at The Coalition Studio for a Senior Gameplay Animation Engineer. This opportunity is best suited for an experienced engineer with a background working closely with Designers and Animators to create outstanding gameplay experiences in a core AAA game. The role will be to create and maintain animation focused gameplay features that are needed for our game. Our ideal candidate will be a committed gamer with a passion for delivering new experiences to the core consumer. Applicants must also be able to remain positive and work effectively and efficiently in a diverse team-oriented environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain a robust series of gameplay systems.
- Identify opportunities for improved efficiency and/or ease of use in existing systems.
- Provide engineering support to the gameplay designers, animators, and other content creators.
- Analyze performance and memory issues in core gameplay systems.
- Provide instruction (in person and documented) on gameplay and animation tech usage.
- 5-7+ years of experience in video games.
- University level degree in computer science or a related field.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Very strong math skills.
- Deep experience in Animation and/or Physics.
- Strong knowledge of the math, data structures and algorithms commonly used in gameplay and computer animation.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Possess a client focused mindset.
- Flexibility and willingness to jump across multiple systems as required.
- Experience with multiplayer and/or co-op gameplay development is a plus.
- Unreal engine experience is a plus.
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment.
- Experience developing tools and modules for game development.
- In-depth understanding of game development process and workflows.
- A desire to provide the best experience to our content creators and our players.
- Knowledge of other scripting languages (Lua, Python, MEL) is desirable.
- Knowledge of Maya is desirable.
- An awareness of software development best practices, particularly for design, coding, and testing.
About The Coalition
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.