Senior 3D Marketing Artist - Gears of War
The Coalition is a team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.
In this role you’ll create iconic and compelling images for multiple products in the Gears of War franchise. The images and asset you create will be part of our go-to-market and live service promotional campaigns.
You have a passion for creating beautiful images, can work in a deadline driven environment and have a high attention to detail. You enjoy collaborative iteration and are can work with a variety of personalities and stakeholders.
- Produce high quality posed and lit renders for digital and print campaigns
- Produce short animated sequence renders
- Prepare and package game assets to share with external partners
- Organize and archive digital assets
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience
- A strong illustrative background or understanding of photographic and/or cinematic composition and lighting
- 4-6 years of experience working with posing and lighting 3D models in games or film, and ideally for promotional use.
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Art portfolio submission is required
- Problem solver that works well in a collaborative and deadline driven environment
- Experience posing characters in Maya
- Game engine experience (Unreal, Frostbite or Unity)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.