Live Lead Engineer - Gears of War
The Coalition is looking for a Live Lead Engineer to own the technical development of one of our live AAA games, Gears 5. This includes providing technical direction and implementation across all areas of the game. You should have a strong passion for an amazing player experience, be comfortable working in a large codebase, and thrive in an agile environment.
- Provide technical oversight and direction for a live AAA title.
- Manage a multi-branch release pipeline.
- Be an integral part of a tight-knit team, driving for improvements and responding to community feedback.
- Implement new features and events across all engineering areas.
- Experience shipping current generation AAA console and PC games
- BA/BSC in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of professional C++ experience
- Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded environment
- Thrive in an agile environment
- Experience with Unreal engine is a plus
- Experience working on a live game is a plus
- Experience debugging web-hosted services is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.